Warm Quinoa Salad with Tomatoes and Spinach
Cooking Time: 40 minutes (includes quinoa cooking time) Serves : 2
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cup cocktail tomatoes, halved
- Dash of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of fresh parsley or basil (or any other herbs you have)
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa until heated through.
- Add the spinach, green onion and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and give it a quick stir. As soon as the spinach starts to wilt, remove from heat and serve immediately.