Gluten Free Chili in a Slow Cooker
Chili and winter go hand in hand. Today, I brought my slow cooker out of storage and welcomed in the snowy weather with a delicious batch of homemade chili.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low
8 - 10 servings
- 1 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 jar Newman’s Own Tomato Basil sauce
- 1 cup red wine (merlot or cabernet sauvignon works best)
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 large head of garlic
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, drain grease.
- Add ground beef, kidney beans, garbanzo beans and diced tomatoes to crockpot. Add a layer of tomato sauce and red wine. Cut up all vegetables add to crockpot. Top with remaining tomato sauce and red wine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until vegetables are softened.
- Top with shredded cheese when serving.
Do you have a favorite gluten free recipe to cook in your slow cooker? Share it in the comments below!