Essential Oils and Your Thyroid
Last week I looked at the connection of Celiac Disease and Hypothyroidism and some of the treatment options that are available. So many people reached out to me wanting to know more about how to use essential oils for an underactive thyroid that I knew this information needed to be shared.
Hypothyroidism results when your thyroid doesn't produce enough hormones that you need to run your body. Symptoms can include:
- a swollen or puffy face
- hoarse voice
- unexplained weight gain
- high cholesterol levels
- muscle weakness and aches
- heavy menstrual periods
- memory problems, and more
Typically when you are diagnosed with a thyroid problem, traditional doctors want to put you on medication for the rest of your life to treat your thyroid. But, there are three essential oils that are great natural treatment options. Here are the three essential oils for Hypothyroidism that I recommend:
- Peppermint: This is a Personifer oil and one of my favorites because it helps with so many things from thyroid problems and headaches to indigestion and multiple sclerosis. I recommend placing one drop under your tongue, applying to the back of your neck or diffusing aromatically.
- Clove: Clove is also a Personifer oil. Clove is a great oil to help with thyroid dysfunction and Hypothyroidism. I recommend placing one drop under your tongue or diluting with a carrier oil (like fractionated coconut oil) and applying to the back of your neck.
- Lemongrass: This is classified as an enhancer and an equalizer oil. It helps with circulation, improved digestion and waking up the lymphatic system. It's also great for Hahimoto's Disease and Grave's Disease. I recommend diffusing Lemongrass or applying it directly to the back of your neck for treatment.
If you have peppermint, clove and lemongrass essential oils, you can also combine all three oils in a 1:1:1 ratio to create a blend. Then apply the blend on the base of your throat and the reflex points on your feet.
It's very important that you're using Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils like doTERRA for managing your thyroid. Click here to learn more about essential oils or here to shop for your peppermint, clove and lemongrass oils.
*Make sure to ask me about wholesale pricing!