My Essential Oil Library Collection
Cat's out of the bag already. I'm a nerd. Well, technically I'm a librarian (yes, I have my MLIS). So, I have my own essential oil library. Here's a look at the books inside.
Books are my favorite things. In love flipping through the pages, smelling the inside of a new binding, and can get lost for hours inside a Barnes and Nobles.
Because of this love for books, I always dreamed of having my own library. It would of course be just like Belle's library in Beauty and the Beast.
I'm getting close to a library-sized collection of books. Just ask my man after he had to move them all this summer when we purchased our new home.
There is a growing collection of essential oil usage and reference books in this library, and today I want to share a few of my favorites with you.
Before I share these suggestions. It is my belief that when you buy essential oils, you buy from someone that is going to help you get started with the oils and create a plan for how to use them, like I do with all of my clients. Also, you need to take ownership of your health! I created a free 5-day mini e-course about essential oils to help you discover if they are a good fit for you and your family. You can register here.
Personal help with the oils will always beat a book, but you do need to empower yourself with the tools to understand how to use them!
My top 3 essential oil reference books that everyone should own:
- Modern Essentials - This was the first essential oil book I bought. It is my go-to reference book. Each year it is updated (currently in the 8th edition) to include new essential oils and blends. In the front there is some information of reflexology, application, and usage. Then, the next section dedicated at least a page (mostly more than one) to each essential oil and blend. In the back of the book, there is a reference section by symptom for you to look up the condition you're dealing with and find the recommended essential oils.
- Essential Life - Similar to the Modern Essentials book this book is a great reference to using the oils for every day issues. However, they have reference sections based on your needs like Women's Health, Pregnancy, Children, Heart Health, Cardiovascular Health, etc.
- Emotions and Essential Oils - Essential oils are a powerful way to affect your mood any your emotions. Based on our past and life experiences, your body may be holding on to emotions that don't serve you. This book helps you to uncover how to use essential oils to work through your emotions whether it's fear, anger, hurt, frustration, etc.
- Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies - This book is a must for all women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or with infants. It's my current go-to reference for using oils with Coralie.
- Modern Essentials app - I love my books, but I'm not always at home when I have a client text me that they need help with their oils. This is the app version of the Modern Essentials book, and it has been very helpful when I'm traveling. You can find it in your app store.
- Daily Drop app - This is a free app directly from doTERRA with essential oil education and usage ideas. There's also a handy guide on using essential oils for your emotions. You can find it in your app store.
I'm always pinning essential oil blends and diffuser ideas on Pinterest:
These are just some of my favorites - there are many other essential oil books out there. What are some of your favorite?