Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
I love discovering new foods. Dragon Fruit has been an occasional habit of my for years, but recently I found PitayaPlus smoothie packs. These are made from a variety of Dragon Fruit that has a pink-red flesh. That makes a dragon fruit smoothie bowl the perfect summer creation.
Dragon Fruit vs Pitaya?
These names are actually used interchangeably in case you were wondering.
Pitaya is quickly becoming a favorite in my home because of the major health benefits including:
- rich in magnesium, vitamin b2, and vitamin c
- good source of iron
- high in fiber
- rich in antioxidants
Buying dragon fruit and prepping it for smoothies can be a little frustrating, so I like to use the PitayaPlus smoothie packs. These are perfect for this pitaya smoothie bowl recipe.
Maca powder is a powerful superfood for women. It helps with energy, hormones, and can even boost fertility. Adding it to a smoothie or smoothie bowl is an easy way to integrate it into your diet.
Topping smoothie bowls because a bit of a game. I like to look at the ingredients I have in my fridge and my superfood pantry and play with combinations.
For this recipe, I was going for energizing, immune boosting, and smoothie bowl toppings full of antioxidants.
Goji berries can help to stabilize blood sugar.
Chia seeds are full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
And who doesn't love bananas and blueberries?!
Energizing Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- Two 3½-ounce packets dragon fruit (pitaya) puree
- ½ cup raw coconut water
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- Goji berries
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- ¾ teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Add dragon fruit pureé, coconut water, date, goji berries and maca powder to high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the smoothie into a bowl and top with a few goji berries, banana slices, blueberries, hemp seeds and chia seeds.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.