Two months ago, I was preparing for one of the biggest competitions of my life when I got an unexpected dose of gluten from a supplement. Then, there it was – the biggest and most painful pimple of my life was forming on my chin.
Here’s what it looked like on day two (warning this is cringe worthy…):
It was painful, hot to the touch, infected and full of pus. Look familiar?
You’ve probably been there, too. Maybe you have a major business presentation or a first date this week, but hidden gluten got the best of you, and now you’re suffering.
Benzoyl peroxide is the number one ingredient in most over-the-counter and prescription-based acne treatments. It’s yet another toxin that we put on our skin to ‘heal’ it. My dermatologist’s answer is always the same, a benzoyl peroxide cream with lots of pain or a shot with drainage. Yuck!
It doesn’t have to be that way
Clinical studies have shown essential oils with antimicrobial properties can repair many skin conditions with fewer side effects. (Yay – no drainage!) I’ve used essentials oils to heal my Celiac Disease symptoms and skin conditions are a major side effect of mine.
A variety of essential oils can work as antiseptic agents and healers including:
- Juniper Berry
I follow a specific protocol to deal with my ‘boils’ caused from Celiac Disease. More on that in a minute…
Healthy skin starts from the inside out
You are what you eat. Your mom probably told you this when she wanted you to eat your veggies over that plateful of chocolate chip cookies. Like all things your mom told you, she was right again. Food has a major impact on your skin. Watch out for the oatmilk, but these 30 foods can cleanse your skin.
Plus, drinking 8 glasses of water helps, but…
Sometimes you need more than foods to cleanse your body
As a Celiac, it’s likely that your body isn’t absorbing all of the nutrients that you need. That’s where supplements save the day.
Here’s my daily supplement regime for glowing skin:
- 1 8oz Glass of Water with 3 drops of doTERRA Lemon essential oil first thing in the morning to remove toxins and petrochemicals that are built up in my body.
- 2 Alpha CRS+® Capsules: These support healthy cell proliferation and lifespan with important metabolic factors of cellular energy to help you live younger, longer.
- 2 Microplex VMz® Capsules: A Food Nutrient Complex that’s an all-natural, whole-food formula of bioavailable vitamins and minerals that are deficient from our modern diets.
- 2 xEO Mega Capsules: A blend of marine and land-sourced omega fatty acids. These omega fatty acids help support healthy joint, cardiovascular, and brain health, support healthy immune function, and have been shown to help mediate healthy inflammatory responses in cells.
- 1 GX Assist® Capsules per day for the first 10 days of the month that helps support a healthy digestive tract by creating an unfriendly environment for potentially harmful pathogens that can disrupt digestive immunities and cause digestive upset.
- 1 PB Assist®+ Capsule per day for the remainder of the month to support healthy digestive functions and immunities.
Since starting this daily regime, I’ve had no painful breakouts/boils, no dermatitis, no constipation, fewer migraines, increased energy levels and more.
What if you need to get rid of a breakout quickly?
The faster you can get rid of that painful pimple, the better.
Here’s my step-by-step acne protocol for painful pimples caused from hidden gluten (especially those water-filled bumps that form on your chin):
- Do not squeeze the spot! I’ve tried it, and I promise it is extremely painful and can leave scarring.
- Cleanse your skin as you would normally to remove makeup and other oily residue.
- Mix Lavender and Melaleuca oil (1:1 ratio) and apply directly to the infected area. Reapply 3 – 5 days per day until healed.
- If needed, added a drop of Peppermint to the affected area throughout the day for a cooling sensation.
- After the pimple is gone, use a mixture of Geranium and Helichrysum (1:1 ratio) to prevent scaring.
Ready to start your doTERRA regime at wholesale prices? Here’s how:
- Click here to open this link in a new tab.
- Select “Join as a New Wellness Advocate”. This means you’ll get wholesale pricing and save 25% on all orders, plus earn rewards points!
- Choose your Enrollment Kit (see options here). I suggest the Family Wellness Kit to receive both your supplements and oils.
- If you prefer to enroll without a kit and select your own products, please select 3201: Introductory Packet for $35 and then add the individual products you are purchasing.
- You can begin earning rewards credits of up to 30% for each order by joining the highly beneficial Loyalty Rewards Program now too! Add the Lifelong Vitality Supplements here for them to easily autoship each month (this must equal 125PV for you to receive your free product of the month). Note: you can change this at anytime.
Have questions or want to add doTERRA to your spa or salon? Email me at email@example.com to talk more about wholesale options.
Also, remember, I’m not a doctor nor do I claim to be one (or really encouraging you to not listen to your dermatologist anymore). I’m just sharing my experience and the natural ways that I’ve got rid of my skincare problems and acne.
What essential oils have you used to get rid of acne? Share with us in the comments below: